It’s that wonderful time of the year!
You can almost smell the new socks and sprouts can’t you? We’re putting out decorations up in the shop this week (we said we’d wait until December.. but who are we kidding!) and you’ve got just ONE WEEK LEFT to get your Christmas order in to make sure you get the weights and cuts you need for collection on Christmas Eve.
Just in case you aren’t totally sure what you want this year – lets present you with some options to set you on the path to victory.
Look at these girls! We’re happy to be stocking Copas Traditional Turkey Farm turkeys again this year, available as whole birds, crown and rolled breast roasts. Sounds delicious, but here are some reasons they are also just very very good:
– They are only available at Christmas; Copas turkeys are specially reared using traditional farming methods, and are allowed to reach full maturity – giving them a natural layer of fat under the skin to keep them moist, and lovely dense, flavourful meat. This means they are left undisturbed right up until Christmas.
– Happy turkeys, reared outside; Copas birds live outside in cherry orchards, and are put to bed every evening by specially trained turkey dogs. TRUE STORY!
– Traditionally farmed and processed; Your turkey will be dry plucked by hand, not by machine. It’s then hung for 2 weeks to mature, bringing out the full flavour of the turkey & tenderising the meat.
– Cut to order; We’ll be cutting all of your turkeys to order in our small factory at the back of the shop when they arrive to us on the 22nd. That means if you are ordering a crown or breast, they’ll be super fresh and cut especially for you.
– Feel like a turkey might be TOO MUCH MEAT? We’re also stocking Copas Extra Large Chickens, which are the perfect smaller, but still super special centrepiece for the Christmas table.
Not a turkey person?
Thats fine, we’ve got plenty of other options!
This year we are glazing and cooking our own hams in the Muddy Boots factory in Leyton, especially to order. We’ve got Christmas and Honey & Mustard glazed as well as Traditional (not glazed) hams for you to choose from. And if you fancy cooking and glazing your own ham this year – our friends at Maynard’s Farm in Shropshire are supplying us with some delicious gammons for you to … gam.. on.
For those of you who like to try something a *bit* different at Christmas time (because, why not!) we have got GEESE (also from Copas Turkey Farm) and the mythical CAPON available as well.
But what is a Capon you ask? Sigh, it is just a boy chicken, who has gotten fat and delicious for Christmas. But they sound so mythical and medieval! Our friends at Packington Farms do them so well, and we’ve had a few requests for them and will be stocking them to order this year. I feel like a combination of both a Goose and a Capon will make you and your family feel like King Henry the 8th this Christmas. And for many days afterwards.
And of course, all of your favourite roasting joints are available to special order in advance this year.
Beef is always good (I’m doing beef this year) and a small rib on the bone is the perfect Christmas feast for two people, who want something special but not too “out there”. We can cut lamb joints to order, so things a little bit different like a boneless shoulder or leg which we don’t always have on the shelf have been popular for Christmas so far. Add a small Christmas ham and you’re good to go!
I’m hungry now, are you?
Placing your Christmas order is super easy; Just chose your meat, then the weight you require (all listings include recommended serving sizes to help with this) then you pay a deposit online. We’ll confirm your order by email – then on the 22nd when everything arrives we’ll be in touch to let you know the final weight and amount to pay – and you can come and collect from 9am on the 23rd.
We will of course be open our usual hours, from 9am – 9pm right through to Christmas eve, to make collection easy.
But remember – your order needs to be in before December 1st to make sure you get your chosen weight, especially with the turkeys. We order limited numbers from the Turkey farm, and any orders placed after the 1st may need to compromise on weight. Spoiler alert – you might have to get MORE TURKEY.
Still not sure and want to check anything else? Here are some contact options: