Now that the dust has settled after a busy few months of changes, a new book launching and Christmas starting to get under way, we thought it was time that we did a little round up of everything that’s been happening in our little North London meat shop.
Here’s a bit of a shop update:
Table Out, Christmas In. Just in case you missed it, we took the table out in October. Miranda wrote a lovely letter to Crouch End explaining the reasoning behind taking out the table, and all of our wonderful customers have been so supportive! Life post-table has been great. There is better flow in the store, it looks cohesive and tidy, AND we have a new fridge in for cured/cooked meats and food-to-go (those scotch eggs don’t last long do they) which means our raw section can expand as we get those roasting joints in ready for the colder weather. We hope you’ve enjoyed visiting us now that we are 100% meat shop (especially now it smells like Christmas, all of the time.)
We’re making new things! Bev runs our factory in Leyton, and she is having a whale of a time making new products for you guys to try. We’ve had new hams (sliced and whole) which are doing well, a new burger flavour (many more to come!) – and we’ve switched to all our own handmade food to go in the new fancy cooked meats chiller. Coming soon we’re going to have bacon and handmade chorizos and salamis all produced by our own factory. We’re always sampling new products in store as well so swing by and give them a go – we love your feedback! (pro-tip: the Christmas meatloaf is v v v v v v v good)
December has arrived – which means hopefully, you’ve already got your orders in. If you haven’t – don’t worry! We still have some Christmas meats available, but please note the following;
– All Rib of Beef orders MUST be in before this coming Friday, the 4th. After this I’m afraid we cannot take any further Rib of Beef orders as they require dry ageing, which means we need to place our orders with the farms this week.
– Whole Turkeys are still available, but please note the smallest (and most popular!) size is sold out. Turkeys now start at 5kg – but don’t worry, you only pay around £7 for the extra 500g which is at least 5 sandwiches worth of turkey leftovers!
– Geese and large chickens numbers are very limited. Please get your order in ASAP – they will sell out in the next couple of days.
Please phone us on 0208 245 4240 if you have any questions, or want to check if the weight or cut you are hoping for this Christmas is available.
Miranda’s book is still available in store and online, and is doing very well since its release in October! Don’t forget you can order it online and we can ship it for you nationwide if you are unable to get to us – or pop in and have a chat with Miranda and grab a copy, and she’ll whip out her magic silver pen and sign your copy. Modern Meat Kitchen is a great gift for anyone who is a dab hand in the kitchen, with equal parts information about meat, how its farmed and how you can cut it down yourself at home – and delicious recipes to try yourself.
Miranda has had a bunch of great press to celebrate the launch of Modern Meat Kitchen with an 8 page spread in the Sunday Times Magazine at the beginning of October, an article in this month’s Marie Claire Magazine, and a bit of a write up in the Sunday Telegraph this weekend passed. Phew!
Here is a bit of an update on what Miranda’s been busy with, outside of the shop:
– Modern Ways to Eat Meat – read Miranda’s top Modern Meat Kitchen recipes in the Telegraph
– Read Miranda’s Survival Guide for Married Business Partners in the Guardian
– Watch Miranda’s talk at the SheerLuxe Entrepreneurs of Tomorrow Seminar.
We hope to see you in the shop sometime soon – and if you have any questions or would like to share your thoughts at all, pop them in the comments!